Ethan is getting very close to being able to eat vegetables and fruits so I've been studying about how to make baby food instead of buying it in the store. I have several friends that do buy the commercial jarred food, so I know there is nothing wrong with it. Gerber surely wouldn't make anything that would not be healthy for a growing baby. But I also have a couple of friends that make or have made their own food, including my own mother. I'm just on the fence myself. My initial thought for actually making baby food was to save money and to be healthier for my little one. After reading this book called Super Baby Food that was recommended to me by my friend Kristi, who has 3 children plus one on the way, all the facts make a lot of sense. She said the book was great, and it is great, but I'm just confused as to the pluses minuses. It is supposed to be really easy - you just spend 1 1/2 hours one time a month cooking, pureeing, and putting the food into ice cubes trays to freeze. After they are frozen, then you just put them all in a labeled Zip-lock freezer bag for up to two months with most foods. Then when baby is ready to eat, you get one cube out, which equals 2 tablespoons, and thaw it in the microwave or cook top and Voile! It's ready to go! I'm just not sure that it is worth the time and effort that it takes to make it versus just opening a jar of baby food! I want to do what is absolutely best for him. Any of us that have children know that everyone has their opinions and there seems to be no right or wrong way of doing anything. If anyone knows anything about this stuff and can give me feedback, please help! I am lost in the world of solids and don't know how to get out!! :)
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment