Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ethan's Half-Birthday!

I cannot believe how fast time flies! Ethan is officially half a year old today! WOW! I'm feeling a little nostalgic because it seems like just yesterday that he was just a teeny little helpless newborn and now he is just a happy baby with so much personality! Here are some things that are going on in his little world:

  • He's sitting up unsupported! Occasionally when he gets really excited to see a toy or Abbey, he'll squirm around and fall backwards, but other than that he's doing quite well.
  • He started his first vegetable today - sweet potato! He has been on bland rice cereal for the past 2 months, so I know he was ready for some flavor! He did pretty well too.
  • He's really reaching for EVERYTHING! We have to eat with our plates and cups far away from his reach or it's on the floor!
  • He's babbling a lot more than before and I'm pretty sure he's said "Ma" a few times. Even Chris heard it once! Sorry honey
  • He's slowly but surely taking strides in trying to creep. When Abbey walks around him, he will use his tummy like a helicopter and spin around. It's quite funny
Here are some pictures Chris took tonight.




As a follow up to my previous post about Super Baby Food, my first attempt at making it last night was easier than I thought! First of all I bought 2 lbs. of organic sweet potato, which cost me a little under $4.00. I scrubbed it clean then put it in my handy dandy steamer for 40 minutes. After it was done, the peel just came right off, then i put it in the blender to puree. Then put the potato in the ice cube trays, covered them, then put them in the freezer. Then this afternoon when Ethan was ready to eat, I transferred all the cubes to a freezer bag. It made 24 cubes, therefore equaling feedings for about 12 days, if I use one cube per feeding in the beginning. So all in all, it costs me 33 cents per day! I think I'm sold - I'll just have to see how much harder it may get to make more of this food. But I'm set for at least 12 days!

Another side note, some good friends of ours, Pat and Leslie, just had a little boy, Ian Michael, yesterday at 2 pm! Here is a picture of the precious little thing!

4 comments:

Jason, Julie, Ian, and Ivy said...

Tell your friends that Ian Michael is a great name!! :)

Good luck with the baby food making! Sounds like you're doing well. I didn't have time to do that...but it's probably better for the little ones. Oh well, you do what you gotta do I guess.

Ethan looks soo cute! I love that you have a blog now. It is so neat to be able to read what all is going on in each other's lives!

Abbie Byers said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Ethan! I love reading your blogs. I have to think of more stuff to put on mine :)

The Burleys said...

Holy cow! He is getting so big and is SO CUTE! Am I the worst friend in the world or what that I haven't even met him yet?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday, Little Grandson, Ethan! Glad that Ethan is eating well with new baby food making.
Looking forward to seeing him this weekend.
Bear Hugs,
Mawmaw