Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dear Santa ...

Now that the holidays are fast approaching, as much as I hate to admit it, I have already been thinking about what to get Ethan. As you all know, his birthday also falls on Christmas Day, so that is always going to be a challenge. We have a few ideas brewing on how to celebrate his birthday separately from Christmas but we're fine tuning that. In the meanwhile, Ethan has started working on his letter to Santa ... wink wink ... so here is what he came up with so far:


Dear Santa,

I have been a good boy this year, despite the occasional headaches I give my mom and dad with the consistent climbing on tall objects and running as fast as my short little legs will carry me, throwing food in the floor during dinnertime (I mean well - it's for Abbey's nutrition), and the tantrums that I like to throw when they won't let me watch Curious George or go outside. My favorite is when I ask for a certain food and once they prepare it, I don't want it anymore. When will they understand that I don't want it cut in half - I like it whole?! Anyways, I think for the most part I bring joy to my parents. They are always kissing and hugging me really tight (I usually can't breathe) when they see me. Also, they are always telling me they love me very much. They try every single day to get me to say it but I'm just holding out until I can say it clearly - they deserve that much. I love that they have taught me to say grace before our meals and our prayers before night-night. I know they care about me and are trying to raise me the very best that they can so that I will grow up living in God's word. I love them for that. Let's get down to business. With all of this said, here is what I would like for Christmas:

A BASKETBALL GOAL


I think my mama and dada are trying to turn me into an athlete. I've heard them mention something about me buying them a new house or a new car when I become a professional player...whatever that means. I've got skills though - dada's been teaching me how to hit a golf ball.

A WOODEN TRAIN SET, TRAIN TABLE & ACCESSORIESMan am I obsessed with trains? I hear them all the time when we are playing outside in the backyard and I get so excited. I would love one of my very own so mama doesn't have to take me to play with one at the Books a Million. She's always trying to be so frugal. Sometimes it's really annoying, but don't tell her I said that. I think this one below comes with two trains, but I do love to stack 4 or 5 at a time so I'm going to need more of those cars. Hint hint :) By the way - please don't buy me one of those corny conductor hats like that kid in the picture is wearing. He looks like a dork.


MY VERY OWN CHAIR

Don't tell mom, but I really want this so I can watch my favorite shows. Doesn't it look comfy?


BOOKS, PUZZLES, AND ART SUPPLIES!


I sure do love to read, do puzzles and color. I've also overheard mama telling her friends that I am allowed to have crayons now that I'm not eating them. I just did that to see her reaction which I must say still keeps me giggling. They taste like crap! Of course my favorite subjects are anything that has wheels and animals. I must say - I'm pretty darn good at these puzzles too. I can do a brand new one in seconds flat!

A REALLY COOL INDOOR TENT
My friend Morgan has one of these in her room and it's the coolest thing. Especially when I get to move to my big boy bed (which I don't think will be anytime soon) it would be cool to have that in there so I can read my books and play with my trucks.

Well St. Nick, I think those are the main things I'm really wanting this year. Of course, I could add the mack daddy playground I saw the other day on the way to church or the Power Wheels Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, oh wait ... that's my dad. (He told me to say that.) I can't be too greedy because that 's not what Christmas is all about. I know that for sure seeing that I'm pretty tight with Jesus and all. We've got something in common - we were born on the same day. Thank you for taking time to read my letter and I promise, once this toddler phase passes, I'll listen to my mom and dad a lot more. I'm going to be a great kid - just you wait and see!

Peace out,
EG

2 comments:

lindsay said...

P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S! :)

The Stewarts said...

I love this post! Was this your idea? It is so cute! And a fun way to give others some ideas for gifts!!! I am glad Ethan and Jesus are so tight as well!