Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day Four: Wilmington Family Vacation

This morning we just hung out around the house which was nice for a change. Late in the morning we took Ethan out in the two-person kayak. We didn't go far - just out in the sound so he could ride on a boat. He was excited at first saying "boat" over and over again until we actually got inside the boat. Then he did NOT like the life-jacket, so it's a good thing we didn't go far. Then Chris and I kayaked over to the beach again. I'm getting good at this kayaking stuff! We beachcomed and found some cool shells and even a fox skull. That sounds really morbid, but it is an uninhabited island by humans so things like that will come up. It was pretty cool! We brought it back so E could see.

In the afternoon my mom, E and I headed up to Downtown Wilmington to check out the scenery. I will say there is not much to see. We were there for two hours and we saw all we needed to see. The main point-of-interest we wanted to check out was a carriage ride, but we missed the boat on the times they came around. Oh well. At least we had some yummy ice cream, said hi to the horses and enjoyed the sunshine out on the river walk.
After a yummy spaghetti dinner by Nana, we headed down to the beach outside the house and made a bonfire for s'mores. They were yummmmmy but we were getting eaten alive by the mosquitoes so we headed in. Now I'm off to soak in the hot tub - good night!

0 comments: