Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Update on E

A lot of you have been asking for updates on E, which I so appreciate your concern, so thank you! It means a lot to us. Chris took E back to the doctor Friday morning. To make a long story short, his cough and congestion as well as his ear infection have cleared up enough, but not 100%. She said the ear drums were not exactly bulging (ew), but they are actually now concave. She has put in a referral to an ENT and now we are just waiting to hear word on when we can get an appointment. We'll have to see what the ENT says and then we'll know if he will in fact get tubes. He has still been pulling at his ears and the cough seems to slowly be returning. AHHHHH - does it ever end?

Again, the good news is that he is just as spunky as ever. I thought he was going to laugh himself to sleep last night. I was literally crying because I was laughing so hard! When Chris gets home, E is so excited and immediately starts giggling and running around the house for Chris to chase him. In our family, Dada plays the role of playmate and Mama the role of snuggle bug and comforter, which is fine with me. I just don't play as hard as Dada does. Just watching them play wears me out! Chris was tickling him for 30 minutes straight last night with E just laughing the entire time. So, I am thankful that hasn't affected his behavior and personality!

We'll keep ya'll updated!

2 comments:

Abbie Byers said...

I am so glad is is getting better. I hope he will be 100% very soon. Let us know if you want to have a date night this week!

EJ & Roo said...

glad to hear he's feeling better. hope the ENT appointment goes well. my friend anna's 1 year old already has tubes!!