Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Update on E's Ear Infection

I took E for his 3rd check-up this morning so the doc could see if there has been any improvement and there hasn't been. Rats! Now the right ear is worse than the left ear. How can that be?! The doctor said that the congestion he's got is not helping matters. It's not helping the fluid drain. He's been on two different antibiotics with no avail. The first one was oral and tore his stomach up and gave him bad diaper rash. The second one was a shot and didn't seem to do a darn thing. I feel bad as a parent that I haven't been able to help matters. I'm not sure if going to the beach made things worse or not. We kept a careful eye on how much water he was in but he wasn't underwater at all. Maybe just a couple times at bath time. Anyways - we now have a third antibiotic to try and we'll be back at the doctor office in two weeks. The good part is that he is eating, sleeping and behaving great, like he's not sick at all. Please say a little prayer for our little man that he improves soon and that things don't get worse.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Amanda, I know what you are going through! So sorry for Mr. Ethan! Caedyn had a terrible time for over two months and ended up with tubes and a PICC line. It was terrible, but that doesn't happen to very many kids. Ethan will get better, and if not tubes are fantastic! They make all the ear infections disappear like magic!