Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rant and Rave

I'll start with my rant first since it's always good to end on a positive note.

RANT
The infamous Terrible Two's have officially arrived at the Cassidy household. In the past two weeks or so, Ethan has been just throwing fits about things he cannot have or if he doesn't get what he wants ASAP. He has a strong-willed personality and does not like limits. I mean, who does? But he will certainly let you know when he does not like having those limits. My first public tantrum was in Target last Friday when I wouldn't give him any more of my ICEE. I am one who does not like attention being brought towards me so I was absolutely mortifed! He did the full on back arching, screaming, kicking tantrum so much that I couldn't even hold him in my arms. He was literally falling out. I tried to stand him up on the floor to talk to him, and he just plopped himself down and laid down. I have learned you cannot rationalize with a toddler! They just don't listen. Since then, he has thrown fits just out of the blue. What has happened to my sweet, laid-back baby boy? I want him back! I think that phrase definitley doesn't apply to two year olds, but just toddlers in general. Maybe, just maybe, this has started early and will be gone soon. HA - who am I kidding! ANY tips would be appreciated!!!

RAVE
I scored pretty good at Rite-Aid this morning. I usually don't shop at Rite-Aid unless I can get a pretty good deal on stuff. I love Wet Wipes but I can never find them at a good price, so I don't buy them. This week Rite Aid has them on sale for $1.99, plus you get a $1 rebate. Using a $1 coupon that I printed on-line, that made them FREE. I bought five and then also bought 3 packs of Mentos gum, in which I had .55 coupons for. The Mentos gum was on sale for .99 but they rang up for .64, so that made them .09 each! I was pumped! I had a $6 rebate check from something I bought last month, so I only paid .64 out of pocket, which was basically the tax! That made up for the tantrum I had from E this morning.

2 comments:

The Burleys said...

I'm glad you had a better experience at Rite Aid. My manager there is rude and wouldn't accept one of my coupons on Sunday, so I am boycotting the one here. Maybe I should drive up to Rock Thrill and start going to yours!

Sorry about Ethan's tantrums. They're no fun. We used time outs for Camryn when she tried that. If she wanted to pitch a fit, we would put her in her room alone to have her tantrums in private. Once she calmed down and could act like an actual person, she was allowed to come back into the room with us. It's not as much fun to have tantrums if there's no audience. They do eventually pass, though ... and then you get 3 year old attitude! :)

Melissa said...

I have no advice, but I can offer support. You are not alone. From now on you will never think badly of the parents or children who are acting out in public. If you are like me, you will arrange to go childless for the longer trips out.