Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not Much Going On ...

Here I sit at work, already finished with what I need to accomplish today, I realized that I just haven't had much to chat about on my blog. I also realized that I haven't posted any really recent pictures or videos of Ethan. I vow to do that very soon. I actually have a very cute video clip of him getting VERY excited when Mickey Mouse came on TV. He loves doing the "Hot Dog" dance! You moms may know what I'm talking about! Since day one, we didn't want Ethan watching a lot of TV because we believe it's better to learn things through books and experiences. That's before Mickey Mouse ("Mmmm Mou" as E pronounces it) graced our television screen. Now it's over for us. We caved and decided to buy him a Mmmm Mou video which we've seen time and time again already. It really came in handy when both Chris and I came down with the awful stomach bug on Sunday night. He needed to be entertained and we just couldn't "stomach" it, so Mmmm Mou did the work for us. I felt like such a bad parent, but was thankful at the same time. I really don't know how single moms do it.

Ethan is just spitting out the words lately! It's insane! He is copying every noise we make and lately he's said night night and shoe and made cow, bird, dog, horse and car noises (SO CUTE!). He's also signed shoe! Ice cream is my absolute favorite - if we say or point to ice cream, he'll make licking noises and do the sign for it, which is pretending like you are licking an ice cream cone. ADORABLE! Aside from the Mmmm Mou video that we keep at bay, he has gotten back into books again. He was off of that for a while and just wanted to play with toys, but now he's back on it. It makes mama happy! He'll just walk into the living room, sit down with a picture book and point and tell us what the objects are. Last night was hilarious - I sat him down in his booster seat to trim his hair for the millionth time and Chris' job was to entertain him. We got his picture book and Chris just pointed to objects and E named them. He came to the truck and car page which is his favorite and he gets all giddy, and he was just back and forth "truck, car, mmm (motorcycle), boat, truck, car, mmm, boat and an occasional dump truck". It was so cute!

Now that I've rambled on and on, I hope I've kept you entertained with our stories about our EE. Have a great day!

2 comments:

The Burleys said...

The hot dog dance ... a family favorite in the Burley household :)

Eversole Crew said...

We too are favorite fans of Mickey and the Hotdog dance...I guess I am at fault though since I started C on this when when he was young. We still stand up and dance like the characters at the end of each show! K even has to DVR each episode so C can watch it when he goes to sleep each night! WE ARE HOOKED by the mouse too!