Sunday, June 28, 2009

DAY SIX & SEVEN: Learning to Live With Less

It's the last two days for our living with less. Thank goodness it's over! I understand the concepts of these rules, but as normal human beings, not everyone can live this way every single week. I'll take the principles with me as I live each day, but you gotta let your hair down every now and then! Here's how we did:

NO MORE EATING OUT / EATING LEFTOVERS: We ate at home all weekend and then decided to splurge a bit and headed to Longhorn for dinner. AND I did throw some leftovers out from food from last week. It was looking kinda gross.

BOTTLED WATER HABIT: Again, not really a big dealio.

NO MORE DISPOSABLE PLATES, CUPS, NAPKINS, ETC: No paper plates, paper towels, or cups!

ENTERTAINMENT: We actually attended a birthday party last night so that was fun, and free! And today we just relaxed, played inside and outside in the baby pool, and then had dinner with Chris' family. I had every intention to cook dinner for us all, but we decided in the long run to head to Longhorn. Oh well - I broke that rule!

THERMOSTAT: Set at 74 - no prob Bob!

GIVING THE OL' WASHING MACHINE A BREAK: Washed Saturday and Sunday. My weekly wash. Gotta do it.

TURNING OFF LIGHTS/FANS WHEN NOT IN THE ROOM: Doing well!

TURNING OFF APPLIANCES, COMPUTER, ETC WHEN NOT IN USE: Did well!

SHORT SHOWERS: Doing well!

NO SHOPPING, EXCEPT FOR FOOD: I resisted the urge to buy a bathing suit Friday in Target, although I really do need one, not just want one. I guess the tantrum that Ethan gave made that decision really easy.

0 comments: