Monday, June 15, 2009

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. My idea of a good day is when I can spend it with my hubby, but not with the stomach bug joining us.
  2. Watching a cockroach crawl across your desk and crawl into your monitor is NOT a pleasant experience.
  3. Seeing all these pictures of my friends going to the beach is really got me jonesing for the beach. Only 4 more weeks until Folly!
  4. I went to my first Mary Kay party this week and spent WAY too much money. I really wasn't expecting to buy that much, but I'm a sucker when it comes to good advertising. At least I have new face products and make-up to play around with which is always the most fun.
  5. Katy Rae Ledford has got to be one of the most adorable, beautiful baby girls I have ever seen!
  6. I'm so glad we live in an area where there is always something to do. We went to Pops in the Park last night and enjoyed the sweet sound of classical music floating in the summer air. Sooo sleeeepppyyyy ...
  7. I have been welcomed with open arms into the wild world of an active, and messy, toddler. Since E has been in his new class at school, we have been picking him him in a different oufit than what he had on when we dropped him off. He's just messy with art projects and food. The water bill is going up.
  8. After watching an Oprah's show last week on living with less, I am now inspired to do just that. (See my next blog)
  9. My sister went to a wedding last weekend where they had Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Chick fil a nuggets - why didn't I think of that!?
  10. For the luau coming up in August, I'm thinking of getting some fun outdoor games. Anyone know where I can get some cool, but affordable, games like corn hole and badminton?

3 comments:

Jason, Julie, Ian, and Ivy said...

We have corn hold boards and bags we can bring...just let me know! I'm excited!! Question, is this a kids or no kids event?

Camilla said...

I just bought 2 games, EB Bocce and Beanbag Toss. If you want these, let me know. Mother

The Burleys said...

I'm looking forward to the living on less post!!!