Monday, May 11, 2009

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. Making a lunch for your mother for a change, instead of her doing it for you, is so rewarding.
  2. I finally got the rocking chairs for Mother's Day I've been wanting for months! It was so nice to relax and rock with Chris last night. And I got the book My Sister's Keeper as well. Thank you Riley for offering up your book, but now I have my very own!
  3. We are SO close to getting the deck completed. My mom watched E for us all day Saturday so we could finish the stairs and so some other odds and ends. Now all we have left is to paint the railing, stain the deck, install the deck and stair lights, and oh yeah, landscaping. I'm already exhausted!
  4. I was so busy enjoying seeing family yesterday that I forgot to go pick up newspapers for coupons! At least I know my priorities! Anyone have any spare St. Ives coupons?
  5. I am not in the business of killing mice in our garage.
  6. I got over my extreme arachnophobia this weekend, kinda. It was my chore to go under the deck to spray for bugs and spiders and I actually did it. I was hyperventilating the entire time, but I did it! I'm so proud of myself!
  7. I wonder why people on Facebook ask to be a friend of mine and they were never really a friend before. That annoys the crap out of me.
  8. I have GOT to get back in the gym and be consistent on my workouts! It's crazy how much energy I DON'T have now that I've been too slack to work out. I should be motivated with bathing suit season approaching very quickly!
  9. Oh no - it's a plethora of season finales this week. What am I going to do!? :)
  10. I love being a mother and feel incredibly blessed that I get to experience this gift every single day.

1 comments:

The Burleys said...

I got my coupons from the Charlotte Observer this week, and I didn't get any St. Ives coupons! I wonder if it was regional? If I somehow missed it and threw it away, I'm gonna be really ticked!