Monday, May 4, 2009

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. I cannot believe I'm going to be celebrating my second Mother's Day as a Mom! That still boggles my mind.
  2. I am in desperate need of a good massage.... just thinking about is making me feel relaxed.
  3. I am really starting to love planting flowers. I planted some pink and white Dahlia's in these beautiful pots I found at Lowe's this weekend. They are sitting on the steps on our deck and look just fabulous!
  4. When are we ever going to learn that if a movie is nominated or wins an Oscar, it usually STINKS! Anyone seen Doubt? If not, don't.
  5. Sharing a bathroom with four men at work is no picnic.
  6. Shopping for deals makes me a very happy woman. I've got a list of things to get at Target this afternoon. Plus, I heart Target, so that makes me even happier.
  7. I am an incredibly impatient person. I already knew this though.
  8. I feel sorry for my husband that he has to put up with me. He is doing an incredible job building and finishing the deck, and I want him to know that. My impatience has NOTHING to do with him - it's just a flaw of mine!
  9. Rock Hill is in a bubble. Most of the time when we have thunderstorms in the area, it literally just goes right around us. It's really weird!
  10. I love my best friend Carrie. I love how we can just hang out and talk about nothing important at all and I have the best time in the world, and she loves me for exactly who I am. Thank God for friends like her.

2 comments:

Chris said...

In reference to No.8, my wife has no flaws.... only characteristics that I have come to appreciate over time!

Love you honey!

The Burleys said...

Ha ha to Chris for trying to earn brownie points! I said the same thing to Jason about Lancaster ... they've been calling for thunderstorms for the past 3 days, and they somehow always seem to miss us. And I love a good thundestorm!