Friday, April 24, 2009

Randomness

I'm so sorry I've been a slacker blogger lately, but to be honest, I didn't want to bore anyone to tears with the mundane details of our life. It's really been a pretty slow week with not much to talk about. Of course, to Chris and Ethan, it's been anything but boring. Chris came down with bronchitis and Ethan a right ear and upper respiratory infection, plus possibly 2 to 4 teeth coming in! Poor guy! He's been up and down all night for the past week and it's wearing me down. Last night was actually his best sleep with only waking up once at 4:30 AM and he went back to sleep as soon as I gave him his paci and some teething tablets. Good news - I finally got over whatever the heck I had last week - a lot of stuffiness, runny nose, feeling like my head was going to blow up at any time, etc.

I am however looking forward to an exciting weekend. We will be traveling to Sparkle City once again for my dear friend, Jeannie and Johnny's wedding. She asked me to be a bridesmaid and I am thrilled to death! It's a pretty simple and small wedding, but nothing short of fabulous I can assure you. Tonight's festivities are the rehearsal and dinner, then tomorrow evening is the wedding. The best part is I didn't have to buy a dress! Jeannie just said "Find something pink - whatever you're comfortable with". Don't we all wish all brides were like that? But that's Jeannie. Wanting to make sure everyone else is happy. Thanks to Julie (THANKS JULES!) letting me borrow an old bridesmaid dress of hers, I am good to go. It's pretty and pink and I can't wait to wear it! The weather is supposed to be warm and sunny as well!

After reading all the Twilight saga books last week, I am utterly bored. I have forgotten how much books can entertain and expand your horizons. I need to find a new book to read, but I doubt I'll be able to find something as compelling. Any suggestions? I heard the Shack was good. I sat down and tried to watch American Idol and I was just restless, wanting to find something else to do. Last night's Grey's Anatomy was pretty good though. Both Chris and I were sharing a box of Kleenex in silence after the little girl passed away in her daddy's arms. Rip your heart out. Anyone who has children can relate.

Back to Twilight - I don't want to go into how obsessed I am with the Twilight stuff now, but I've found a pretty awesome website for fans that keeps us up to date on what's going on with New Moon, the newest movie they are shooting right now. For those that are interested, it's www.twilighters.org. It's so much fun! I am officially a teeny bopper again. Hey - now that I'm losing my People subscription next month, I gotta stay up to date! :)

That's it for now I suppose, that you're caught up on our life for the past week. Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Jason, Julie, Ian, and Ivy said...

Hey! You're welcome! Glad the dress worked! I just started the Shack today on my flight out to San Antonio. I read 4 chapters on the plane and so far it is really good. My mom loved the book and I have heard so many others talking about it that I decided to see what it was all about!