Monday, April 6, 2009

10 Things I Learned This Week


  1. I am overly and completely obsessed with the movie Twilight. I really didn't know what to expect at all - I just heard from several friends who have read the books that it was a love story about vampires and werewolves. It met and exceeded my wildest imagination. Chris and I watched it for the first time Wednesday night, Chris bought it Friday and we watched it again Friday night, again Saturday night (when I couldn't go to sleep because of having 4 cups of coffee), and Sunday afternoon with Liv and Tim! I am now borrowing the first book from Carrie and CANNOT wait to read it!
  2. Kind words from a client really makes my week. I had a kitchen remodel installed last week and the homeowners were so over the moon about how it was turning out and they made sure they let me know. I started crying because of the sweet things they were saying to me. I guess I was a little emotional due to everything that went on with Ethan being sick. I had so much anxiety and stress and that just helped me feel a lot better.
  3. It feels good to finally see some progress with the yard. When I came home Sunday afternoon from being in Sparkle City, Chris had the plants planted at the mailbox and a flower bed ready to go in the backyard. It's starting to come together!
  4. Rascal Flatts' new CD comes out tomorrow!!! Yipee!
  5. I think I'm going to have to get extra dorky with my coupons, as if I'm not dorky enough. The coupon organizer that I have right now is busting at the seams from all the coupons I've collected. I saw a lady in Bi-lo last week that had a baseball card organizer that was like a book. It was huge but I'm thinking of getting something like that just so I'm not fumbling over all my coupons when I'm shopping. Just don't laugh at me if you see me at the store!
  6. We will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary on Friday! Wow - I still can't believe it's been 5 years! We will be keeping it a little low key this year by having a nice dinner out. We would have really loved going back to Asheville to our favorite B&B, but we really don't need to spend the money. I'm just happy to be able to have dinner with my sweetie, just he and I.
  7. Ethan just keeps getting more and more adorable. He is such a delight to watch grow and learn. It seems like every day he has something new to say, or show us and I just delight in it.
  8. I have been craving jelly beans for some reason. I guess because they are everywhere right now with Easter being this Sunday. Yummmm!
  9. I cannot make up my mind on which concert that I want to go to this summer. One is Rascal Flatts with Darius Rucker. The other is Keith Urban with Sugarland, and the last is Kenny Chesney with Lady Antebellum. All of them are my favorites! I just can't decide!
  10. Did I mention I was obsessed with Twilight? My sister said I'm having a love affair with a movie :) hee hee More like a love affair with a blood-thirsty vampire. MUAHHH I want to suck your blood!

2 comments:

Abbie Byers said...

I am out of room in my coupon holder too. I hate to get a big notebook. Maybe I can find something not to bulky that will hold a lot!

The Burleys said...

You won't believe this, but I've just spent the whole day organizing my coupons into baseball card holders. I saw the idea on the My Coupon Buddy website and made Jason fork over any extra holders he had!