Yesterday we had a one year old (one month late) photo shoot for Ethan and the Ledfords' also came along for the ride. About a month ago, I had been corresponding via email with Jamie from Oasis Photography about doing pictures for Ethan on Saturday, Jan. 24th. While Carrie and I were scrapping last weekend, she mentioned that she had a 6 month photo shoot with Kaitlyn scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 25th! What a small world! We had booked Jamie for the same weekend but on different days! So Carrie emailed Jamie to see if we could piggyback the photo shoots on Sunday instead of Saturday and even get some group pictures! What a great idea! The only bummer was that when I checked the forecast it was 60 degrees on Saturday and 42 degrees on Sunday. Oh well - I figured we could bundle up and get some true winter photos.
We originally had agreed to meet at the beautiful Glencarin Gardens in Rock Hill, but quickly discovered it was not going to work once we pulled up and they had construction going on over the entire park. We decided Winthrop would be great and would be sentimental since we are alums! We met back up at Tillman and started out by the fountains. It started out wonderfully! Ethan was in such a good mood and was so spunky and alive! He loved the fountain and was just pointing and talking up a storm! He's a little nature lover so he was picking up pine cones and seedpods from the magnolia trees. We also put him on a park bench by himself as well as with us. I think we got a lot of good shots of him in that area. Then we headed over to an area with artsy concrete benches and big rocks and he seemed to like it over there. After about 30 minutes, he was slowing down and freezing up. You could have put a fork in him because he was officially done! He stopped smiling and was getting fussy and more importantly, his cheeks were turning a nice shade of plum. I've never seen cheeks get that purple before! I was a little concerned so Chris wrapped him up in his jacket and we put a hat on him and he seemed to warm up.
After getting some couple shots and some shots of Carrie and I being cheesy (whatta ya know), we called it a day. We all had been out there for a good solid hour and were frozen solid ourselves, as well as the babies. But they were troopers and I'm so proud of both of them. The pictures should be completed in two weeks, right around Valentines' Day! I can't wait and I'll share them with you all as soon as they come in! You should check out Jamie's website here - Oasis Photography. She is fabulous and I would highly recommend her to anyone that lives in the Charlotte/Rock Hill area! She was so patient when Ethan had a runny nose, or was running in the opposite direction, or was getting fussy towards the end. She has true talent!

1 comments:
Wonderful! I have been hoping to find a good photographer in the area! I want to eventually get some 3 year old pictures of Camryn plus some good family shots. You are such a great resource - first you found me a cake man, now you've found me a photographer! :)
Post a Comment