Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Addicted to the Inauguration

I meant to post this yesterday but got busy at work. Yeah I know - go figure! Most days I feel like I sit here and twiddle my thumbs, but yesterday I had several fires to put out and people to call. Anyways, I wanted to comment on how much i enjoyed the all day coverage on the inauguration. I am a faithful Good Morning America fan and they covered it ALL day long, from 7 AM until 10 PM! I LOVE Diane Sawyer, Robin Roberts and Sam Champion, as well as alum Charlie Gibson. I just want to give Charlie a big hug - he just seems like he's so nice! Since Tuesday was a snow day and I was home with Ethan, I was able to catch parts of it while he would play or was napping. While he was napping, I was able to catch the entire ceremony. That was so beautiful and I was just glued to the TV. My parents stopped in from coming in from out of town, and we all sat and watched the Obama's every move from seeing the Bush's off to going to the luncheon to going to the parade. The parade I could've done without, but it had some interesting parts.

I don't know why I was so interested in the inauguration this year. I guess the older I get, the more I am interested in politics and what is happening in our country. The past two inaugurations with Bush I was either in school or working, so I didn't watch them nor was I as interested. There was just so much of a positive vibe going around for Obama, I just wanted to witness it for myself. I truly do feel positive now after listening to what everyone had to say about Obama and what he hopes to do for our country. Let's hope for a brighter future with him. I'm anxious to see what happens!

After I put Ethan to bed I was just whipped. It had been a very long day with a very active toddler. I decided to take a bubble bath and then settle in to watch the Neighborhood Ball. That was so much fun and time well spent! There were all kind of musical superstars and I loved watching the President and First Lady have their first dance to "At Last" by Etta James sung by Beyonce. I am the first to say I am not a huge Beyonce fan, but she sang it perfectly and beautifully. I too was touched because the Obamas just seem so in love. He commented on how good looking she was - sigh - how sweet! The moment all us girls were waiting for was to see Michelle Obama's gown and man was it just beautiful! I loved it! But I'm a sucker for white dresses too! All in all, it was a very historic day and I was so glad I decided to take part in it, from home, not out there in the freezing cold!

0 comments: