First of all - HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE! OK - The way the story left off yesterday was with Chris and I leaving the hospital at 5 AM and heading back home and me still with a belly as big as a house! The entire drive home was in silence because we were tired, frustrated and disappointed. We got home around 6 AM and went back to bed. We were exhausted from the night before and I was still feeling groggy from the medicine. We slept until 12 PM in which a new set of contractions awoke me. I was excited that the contractions had started back, but was confused about how long to wait until we go back to the hospital FOR REAL. We certainly didn't want to risk being sent home yet again, especially on Christmas Eve? We just decided to stick it out and see how the day would go.
My family came up as planned to celebrate Christmas and I was so glad they did. I was being a big baby and just wanted my mom and sister around to help take my mind off the pain. We hung out, played games and baked a cake, all in between contractions. Hey - I had to keep busy with activities or I was going to go nuts! The contractions were right at 5 minutes apart ALL DAY LONG! One would start and go for about 30 seconds and 5 minutes later my sister or Chris would say, "OK - here comes another one". It was like everyone was watching the clock for me because I couldn't do it. Someone was there right at 5 minutes so I could lean on them or let them rub my back. Later that evening, my mom had brought Christmas dinner and we had it that night because we were pretty sure we weren't going to have it the next day. It was quite yummy although I wasn't interested in eating, but knew I needed to.
As the evening went on the contractions got stronger but not any closer together. After dinner, I got in the bathtub to relax while Chris sat on the floor next to me and called the OB nurse. Poor lady - here we are, two crazy parents-to-be needing reassurance calling her on Christmas Eve. She probably just wanted to get us off the phone and be home with her family. She was so sweet and patient and really took the time to answer all my questions truthfully. After talking to her for an hour, she left it up to me to come back in and get checked or to stick it out a little longer. We decided to stick it out a little longer.
About 9 PM, Chris' mom came over. Chris' dad was working 3rd shift and she didn't want to be alone on Christmas Eve. Normally every Christmas Eve, they have a get together at their house to celebrate and exchange presents. They decided not to have it this year due to a lot of different situations, including being on baby watch. I felt bad that I was not being a good host, but I was in some serious discomfort. All of us watched a movie and hung out until I was just ready to call it a day and try to get some sleep.
I went to bed around 11 PM thinking there was no freakin' way I was going to be able to sleep through this pain! I knew Ethan was coming very soon, and I was just ready to have him here! Chris' prediction of Ethan being born on Christmas Day was about to come true. Soon we were to have a Christmas miracle of our very own! And the story continues ...
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Christmas Eve A Year Ago ...
Posted by The Cassidys at 9:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment