I have officially come up with a new meaning for Ba hum bug, which was traditionally quoted by Ebenezer Scrooge in "A Christmas Carol." Scrooge was an unhappy and negative old man who didn't want to get in the spirit of Christmas. Well, that's exactly what has come into our house time and time again at Christmas! A 24-HOUR-STOMACH-BA-HUM-BUG! Just in time to ruin all the fun! Eek! Run the other way! First, it started with me coming down with it on Christmas Eve of 2001 just 4 months after Chris and I started dating, then of course I passed it on to him. Ohh memories of that actually make me cringe! It actually spared us the misery from 2002 to 2005. But then in 2006, it came back with a vengeance hitting Chris on Christmas Eve while visiting with my family in Spartanburg. Luckily didn't get it that year. Last year, it was good to us because we were in the hospital a little busy spreading plenty of Christmas cheer to go around! :) This year, it hit us both, pretty hard! It has no mercy! It's our first Christmas with Ethan and his first birthday! How rude! Chris started having symptoms on Christmas Eve while in Hartsville and had it all of Christmas day, started feeling better day after, then came back to push the knife in a little deeper today. I was OK on Christmas day thankfully so I could take care of Ethan and let him enjoy his day, but the day after was pure misery, as well as today. We felt so bad we had to postpone Ethan's 1st year birthday party to next weekend. Poor fella! I pray it does not return next year, or any more Christmases for that matter! YUCK! I hope me being in the Christmas spirit next year will scare it away!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I had it Christmas Eve too!!! It was terrible!!!
Leigh Anne
Post a Comment