Monday, November 3, 2008

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. When God wants you to know something important, you hear it loud and clear! Our church and small group just started a study called 40 Days Of Love. The message on Sunday was like it spoke directly to me. I've got some "baggage" I've been carrying for a while and God is putting it in my heart that I need to resolve these issues and feelings. It may be a work in progress but I hope that will work out soon.
  2. I am looking forward to my high school reunion next weekend. It's not the turn out we hoped we would have but at I'll at least get to see the people I really want to see!
  3. Ethan had to be the cutest little dragon I've ever seen, or was he a dinosaur, or Shrek? I guess that can be left up to the imagination!
  4. Wow - it's officially November! Where does the time go? Next is Thanksgiving! Yipee!
  5. I am NOT looking forward to standing in a long line to vote on Tuesday! I guess I will be bringing my book along that I've been trying to read for the longest time - Bringing Up Boys by Dr. James Dobson. (Thanks Heather!)
  6. Ethan is really starting to master this walking thing! He's been walking for about a week and he is really getting good at it. He barely even crawls anymore. As soon as he falls down, he'll stand right back up and start walking again. He's such an overachiever!
  7. Ethan did VERY WELL when we went shopping on Saturday. We drove to Concord Mills to meet our good friends Pat and Leslie and their little man, Ian. We ate in Chili's for lunch in which he sat very quietly in the highchair and ate off his little mess mat we just got. As long as I kept feeding him bits and pieces of food, he was content. And he even drank a little formula from his sippy cup. I was so proud of him!
  8. Getting a baby transitioned from a bottle to a sippy cup is harder than I thought, or at least I'm probably making it to be harder than it really is. I'm taking advice if anyone wants to leave any! Please!!!
  9. Keeping the house clean and tidy when going back to work full time is close to impossible. Anyone know a good maid that is affordable?
  10. Our dog is so hairy!!! It's driving us absolutely bananas that it's gotten to the point where we are starting to leave her outside during the nicer days and she has been moved to sleeping in the kitchen and not our room anymore. It breaks my heart to do this to her but our room literally smells like dog and her hair is just EVERYWHERE! It even ends up all over Ethan and in his mouth when he's crawling
    around!



0 comments: