Monday, October 6, 2008

10 Things I Learned This Week

Sorry this is a day late. After the week I had, you would be a day late too! :)

  1. The flu is just down right awful, horrible, terrible, horrendous! It takes your body and turns it inside out and makes you literally feel like you are dying! I never want to have it again, and I would NEVER EVER wish that on even my worst enemy.
  2. Being confined away from your family for three days is so lonely and miserable. I think I kissed and held Ethan as much as I possibly could as soon as I was feeling better.
  3. I've never Lysoled as many door knobs and faucets as I have this week!
  4. I've never drank as much Pepto Bismol as I have this week! And it didn't help a bit.
  5. My bridesmaid dress came in! It are just beautiful and I cannot wait to wear it!
  6. Throwing a shower is hard work! I had the most fun planning it and actually putting it together, but I am SO glad it is over. I literally felt the stress leave my body when I sat down on the couch Saturday night!
  7. I FINALLY got this stupid (no offense to my fellow reunion committee) class picture scanned. You do NOT want to know what I have gone through! Well, I'll tell you anyways. First of all, we have this 8 1/2 x 18" hard copy picture of our entire high school class that our committee agreed would be cool to have blown up, mounted on a board and placed on an easel at the reunion. So, I took it to Office Depot to do so. They told me they cannot scan it because it is too long - 1" too long - and it will cut off some of the people on the ends of the picture. Well, of course I didn't want to do that. They told me about a place in Charlotte that can digitally scan it, save it to a disk and then I can bring it back there for them to print. Well, that same day I had brought Ethan with me so of course my mind is on him. Once I got home, after a couple of days, I could not locate the picture to take up to Charlotte. I searched the house and it was no where to be found! I finally figured out that I may have left it at Office Depot! I drove over there the next chance I could get and it just happened to be there! I had left it in my cart in the parking lot and a nice lady brought it in and they had it behind the printing desk for me! Jeez! Then, I thought, maybe there is an easier way to do this. I emailed about 3 teachers from Dorman to ask them if they knew who originally took the picture. They each told me a different name! ha ha So I called each of these places - two were disconnected and the one said they didn't keep pictures more than a year old! AHH! Back to square one. To shorten the story, I was up in Charlotte today for errands so I got it scanned and we're ready to roll! There still one step left to take (actually printing it) and I am praying it doesn't screw up!
  8. I am SO impressed with Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters this season! What awesome premieres! I'm so excited to see the story lines will take us! I am not too impressed with Greys' though. Step up the drama!
  9. I STILL cannot believe how early Christmas decorations are going out! It is just ridiculous!
  10. Our deck is done!!! I know Chris is worn out, and I thank him for all his hard work! It's beautiful - and I PROMISE I will get pictures up this week! Give me a break - I've been bed ridden! :)

0 comments: