Blogs are supposed to be about talking about whatever is on your mind, and in this case, I can't really do that without hurting someone who I care about very much. I got upset tonight over something that I found out and I don't know what to say about it or how to go about saying it. I have discovered that the older you get, the more you find out who your true friends are and those who are not. Like the saying says, I can count the number of good friends that I have on one hand. The ones that truly care about you are the ones that are going to be there no matter what the situation or circumstance. I know there are friends that still love me no matter what, and I truly appreciate that and the friendship I once had with those people, but the true test is when something big happens in your life and you turn around to see who's there. Sometimes it is the people you expected all along, and sometimes you are surprised who is there and who isn't. Last Monday night I met with a friend who has experienced a loss recently, and she said the same thing, and it really rung true in my heart as well. I may not have lost someone who I really love, but I did have a very big event happen in my life, having a child. It is a very big deal to me so therefore I would think it would be a big deal to a good friend as well. If a friend cannot be there to show support, then I guess I know how they truly feel, even without saying any words at all.
Thank you to all of my friends who have been here for me though thick and thin and who truly care about what is going on in my life as much as I care about what is going on in theirs. If I have ever not shown support or interest like you expected, I sincerely apologize and I hope you know that your life is always wonderful to me because you are my friend and I love you for who you are.
I'm sorry to have such a negative blog today. Usually I am pretty upbeat and happy, but tonight I am a little down. Thanks for listening and letting me vent.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
I'm A Little Down Tonight
Posted by The Cassidys at 8:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Amanda,
I don't know what has happened, but my heart hurts for you. I can feel your pain as I read your words. I may not be "there" for you, but I check in on you several times a week. You will be in my prayers! I hope you have a better day tomorrow! I LOVE YOU!!! (and miss you!)
your friend,
Melissa :)
I know what you mean regarding seeing who your true friends are...and you're right, they are revealed in the hard times...and I just wanted to let you know that I love you! I always enjoy hanging out with you and actually wish we lived closer so that we could hang out more. I also love reading your blog and keeping up with you, Chris, and Ethan! Hope you start feeling upbeat again soon! :)
I had a friend that did not come to my wedding. It was so important to me and she was not there. It really broke my heart. I have tried to be a better friend to others because of it, and I have learned to appreciate my real friends. You have been a great friend to me :) thanks for your friendship.
You are always on the top of my list whenever I need someone to talk to and I know that I'm that person for you (sometimes) haha:) I love you and you know that you are a great friend to me and to everyone around you. Chris is lucky to have such a wonderful woman as a wife and ethan and abbey are lucky to have such a wonderful and caring woman for a mother. If that friend can't see that, what is wrong with them??? haha Love you and cant wait to spend the weekend with you! MWUAH!!!!!!
I love you and hope you're feeling a little better!
That makes me sad... Cause I have friends like you that I long to be able to see when the opportunity arises. I miss all of you who have moved away and can't even imagine not being happy for those who have such wonderful lives. I don't know the circumstances but know that you and your sweet family make my day... You know that cause I act like a fool when I watch ethan on the internet!!!
Love you and see you soon!!!
Post a Comment