Sunday, June 29, 2008

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. Dental work is way too EXPENSIVE! I'm totally in the wrong profession!
  2. As hard as it is, I'm starting to accept that only three people can make Ethan laugh - Chris, my mom and Chris' dad.
  3. Pat and Leslie had baby Ian!!!
  4. Making homemade baby food really is not as hard as I thought it would be, and it travels quite well too, in a cooler of course! The sacrifices you make for your child!
  5. Being bored at work is brutal - I sure hope the market picks up soon!
  6. Seeing your 87 year old grandmother cry when she holds her 6 month old great-grandchild really makes you realize how precious life really is
  7. Ethan loves being in the swimming pool! YEA! BONUS - Ethan received 3 new bathing suits this weekend from Mawmaw and Aunt Liv! He will be stylin' and profilin' at the beach!
  8. Seeing pictures of yourself in a bathing suit really makes you seriously consider investing in a spray on tan!
  9. Trying to shop with an infant is not an easy task. I'll be lucky if I get 1 hour of decent shopping in!
  10. Going to bed early tonight will help me catch up on the sleep I lost this weekend! I.E - Ethan not sleeping well Friday night, which carries over to being on the road half of the day Saturday, which carries over to a long Sunday with the family, makes Amanda a very tired and grumpy girl!

We had such a LONNGG weekend but a very enjoyable one. I always love spending time with my family and I truly do treasure every minute of it. I love the fact that they live just an hour and a half away - close enough to be able to see them at a convenience, but just far enough to be able to miss them when we don't see them! Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

I hope to catch up on some sleep tonight by going to bed just a little bit earlier than normally, like 10! Ethan did not sleep well Friday night at my parents house, which in turn means mommy and daddy do not sleep well either. I think it takes time for him to get used to sleeping in a pack n play. We bought a new travel mattress from Babies R Us that we thought may make it more comfortable for him, but I think he's just not used to it quiet yet. He tossed and turned and got so frustrated that he couldn't sleep. We got up with him a total of four times and finally just put him in the bed with us. So therefore, Saturday night he slept in the bed with me while Chris wanted to sleep out in the sun room because there was a nice breeze. Ethan barely woke up at all, so I slept decent. Our trip to the beach in a month makes me a little nervous about how he will sleep, but we'll pray that it goes well!

If I'm gonna make my 10 pm bedtime, I better run! :) Plus, my People Magazine came today so I've got a lot of gossip to catch up on! Yipee!!

0 comments: