Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Heart NYC

If anyone wants to experience all the magic of Christmas (and doesn't mind the bitter cold), NYC is THE place to be. The city once again lived up to my every expectation! The cheesy T-shirts are so very true - how can anyone not heart this city? Let me count the ways I love thee ...


BOTH COOL AND INSPIRATIONAL CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS SHOPPING, ESPECIALLY FAO SCHWARZ -
IT'S
EVEN AN GROWN UPS' PARADISE
CHILLLLYY WEATHER - AND YES, I KNOW
CARRIE AND I HAVE THE EXACT SAME JACKET.
MAGNOLIA BAKERY
TIMES SQUARE - ONE MY MOST FAVORITE PLACES IN THE WORLD! EATING MY BIRTHDAY CUPCAKE AMIDST
THE SPARKLY LIGHTS OF TIMES SQUARE
MY BEST BUDDY, CARRIE CENTRAL PARKCARRIAGE RIDES THROUGH CENTRAL PARKROCKEFELLER CENTER AT CHRISTMAS - JUST ENCHANTING SNOW IN THE BIG CITY! OK, SO IT WAS
FOR A BRIEF MOMENT, BUT IT WAS SNOWING!
TINY ROOMS WITH NO AC - IT'S QUITE A FUNNY STORY MACY'S MARVELOUS ARCHITECTUREFABULOUS FOODFABULOUS FRIENDSTHE MET - I FINALLY GOT THERE!
Of course, the main purpose of this trip was for my 30th birthday, but it was also a trip to take with my best buddy, Carrie, and our hubbies. (We just decided to take them along for the ride to be our bodyguards, but don't tell shhh) It's a shame that as long as Care and I have been friends, we have NEVER taken a trip together! Aside from one camping trip and one trip to the mountains, this was our first trip together. I am so glad we were able to have this experience together and we had the best time! We unfortunately didn't get to ice skate like we planned due to the long line and weather, but I told Chris we'll just have to go back next year! Happy Birthday to me! :)
Before I forget, I just have to tell the story about our room and no AC. When we arrived Thursday night in the room, we entered a sauna. We were literally ripping our clothes off as we're entering the door. There were two windows that we opened immediately but that did not help much. Once we determined that the room did not have a thermostat, Adam got on the horn to the front desk. He asked if they had AC and the guy said that there is usually one in the window, but they take it out in the winter. Adam laughed because he thought he was kidding, but the guy didn't laugh back. We were like - WHAT! We are Southerners and therefore do not take out our AC ever. It was so funny. The running joke of the weekend was that "They take it out for the winter", like the trashcan that didn't come with the room. They take it out for the winter.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so jealous that you went to NYC at Christmas time! That is a trip that I have been dying to take and say I am going to do every year but it never happens. I have the same coat that you and Carrie have, too :) Happy Birthday to you!!

Jason, Julie, Ian, and Ivy said...

Your pictures are awesome! Makes me want to go back so bad! I have NEVER been at Christmas and hope to go one year!

The Burleys said...

What a FUN birthday trip for you! Welcome to the 30 club! It doesn't make it so bad when you get to take great trips like this to celebrate!