Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day Six: Wilmington Family Vacation

This s a day late and to be honest, I am beat. It is now Saturday and we are finally home and settled in. It's 8:15 PM and I should be parking my butt upstairs and watching TV, but I decided to write a short blog. We took zero pictures yesterday so I'll just blog...

Our last day I was quite sad knowing it was our last chance to do something fun and relaxing before heading back to the real world. We got up and decided to make a trip to this tiny seaside down called Southport. You have to take a 30 minute ferry over and there is a schedule in which you can see which times to catch one. We were trying for the 10 AM ferry and got there literally two cars too late. I was so bummed out and I pouted quite a bit. The next one was at 11:30 but I knew E nor myself would NOT sit there in the car for an hour and a half. We decided to drive back towards town to let E play in the park while mom and I walked across the street for coffee. We then headed back and got in line extra early to make the ferry. E was excited and he kept saying "Boat" and "wawa" (ya know, for water). I think he enjoyed the trip over although he would have loved getting down and running around, but that wasn't happenin'.

Southport was an adorable town - it looked like something right out of Mayberry. We had pizza at a little pizza joint then walked around for a while. There were antique shops all over and an adorable toy store called Bullfrog Corner. We let Ethan play around in it a bit until he started pulling all the toys and books off the shelves and we decided to leave. After about an hour of walking around, Ethan passed out on Chris' shoulder. Too bad because he missed our trip to the ice cream parlor! Ha!

Once we got back to the house, Chris, E and I crabbed for a bit then had dinner and called it a day. It was such a wonderful trip and I am so glad all of the family, minus my dad who is at home healing from knee surgery, could come down. We had a great time with all of them and made memories we will never forget. I just now wish I could look out my window and see the shimmering ocean and hear all the boats passing by. ahhhh I can picture it now...

2 comments:

The Burleys said...

I love Southport! Bullfrog Corner is one of our favorites, too! :)

Eversole Crew said...

What a beautiful place! You were able to get some great pics!