Tonight I have gotten permission by my wonderful hubby, who is picking up Ethan and taking care of him tonight so I am able to go to the scrapbook store and catch up on all my pages for Ethan's first year scrapbook. I am so beyond excited! Isn't that sad? Scrapbooking is my one hobby that I LOVE but don't get nearly enough time to do it. Just like all of us who become parents, our own hobbies go by the wayside because our children become our "hobby". I wanted to have Ethan's first year scrapbook completed, or as complete as possible, before his birthday party next Saturday so our family and friends can thumb through it and see how much he's grown. I've pretty much finished it all the way up to October, with exception to a few pages from the summer that I had a creative block. I can't wait to do Halloween and Thanksgiving because he was just so stinkin' cute! It definitely helps when the pictures he takes are so good. Of course, I'll have to leave room for his first birthday and Christmas and fill those in later, but at least I can get started on those. I will post pictures of the pages once I get them done so you all can enjoy!
For all of you that do scrapbook, I have discovered the mother of all scrapbooking supplies that I am BEGGING Chris to give me for Christmas. It's called the Silhouette by QuicKuts. It's basically a mini printer that is hooked up to your computer and you can use any font or clip art that you have to print out a design. You put paper into the printer, even scraps, and it laser cuts out your design. You would never have to buy alphabet stickers EVER AGAIN, and that saves so much money. I have three or four bags of stickers that I've only used for a word or two on a page, so I have so much leftovers. Sure you have to pay for the printer up front, but it gives you many more options with all the different fonts. I hope Santa brings it soon - I've been good this year! :)
Friday, December 19, 2008
Scrappin' Marathon
Posted by The Cassidys at 10:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Awesome! I may have to look into that printer. I have defintely spent the money on those letters! Hey...once you're done with Ethan's 1st year scrapbook...can you come do Ian's? I have done only 2 pages. Talk about sad!! I have all the stuff in one box, it's just that I have NO time. I am about to the point where I would pay someone to do it for me! :) Have fun tonight!
Post a Comment